PAS2030 which governs the national standards that installers must work to in the installation of energy efficiency measures is currently being revised and a new version will be published at the end of January 2017.
The new PAS2030 will be far more comprehensive and robust than the current one and include the following additional items:
· The initial assessment of properties for suitability to receive the measures.
· The system design and design detailing.
· Specific industry standards and specifications setting out the standards all installers must work to such as the new NIA Specification for installing EWI with fuel burning appliances, Room in Roof Insulation survey form and best practice guide and loft insulation specification.
· Stricter competency ratios (number of trained operatives) per site.
· All sub-contractors will need to be PAS2030 accredited as well as the main contractor.
Whilst the improvements to PAS2030 are welcomed, they will only be as effective as the strength of the monitoring and enforcement by the PAS2030 Certification Bodies.
Therefore at the NIA will be adding the requirement for our members to adhere strictly to PAS2030 to our rules of membership. If we then receive reports/complaints from specifiers of insulation works that an NIA installer member is not complying with PAS2030 we will investigate this and take strong disciplinary action including suspension or expulsion if a breech is discovered.
We would therefore urge specifiers of insulation works including Local Authorities, Housing Associations, Energy Companies, Builders and Architects to choose NIA members to carry out work and incorporate a requirement for NIA membership in their future tenders for insulation projects as this will provide an additional level of assurance and enforcement.
To help specifiers in this regard we have introduced a new ‘Expressions of Interest and Tender Request’ Service whereby if specifiers provide us with details of projects and specifications we will circulate these to our members saving them time and money.
Specifiers interested in the service should contact Bev Hodson email@example.com 01525 383313
Specifiers can also find details of local NIA installers on our website click HERE